Sunday, June 30, 2013

A new MODERN quilt shop has opened!

Thanks to social media, specifically Katie from SwimBikeQuilt's instagram feed, I took a field trip down to Fairfax, VA yesterday to visit the area's newest quilt shop which specifically has a modern bent. The owner is actually a former manager of the quilt shop that's closer to me, but still definitely more traditional than modern. The best part about her shop, in my opinion, is a long arm machine that she will be renting out starting in a couple of months.

The new place is called Quilter's Studio in the Fair City Mall. Along with growing my stash while I was there, I was chatting with the owner and she asked me to put together some class proposals to teach. I will be proposing paper piecing and a few others.

Here are the fabrics I picked up for my stash:

 The other excellent part about yesterday was getting this package in the mail. It's from the Mug Rug swap that I made the Under the Sea mini for. My partner definitely spoiled me, and her piecing/quilting were amazingly well done. I can't wait for the next round to try more fun techniques.

1 comment:

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.