Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I made another one...

The Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented is a wee bit addicting. It's such a fun bag with its zippers and pockets and fun finish of zipper that is handle. Because I like making them, and one of my best friends from college requested one from fabric that I was trying to destash via Instagram, a commissioned bag was spawned. This was the seventh one I've made and it took me just under 2.5 hours from start to finish. I love my Pfaff which can handle all the layers when putting the sides together with the body of the bag.

Along with wanting the elephants as the focus print, she said I could use any other blue that I wanted throughout. So I went with a mix of Allison Glass Streamers and V and Co Simply Style plus a solid ocean blue.

The front and back (is there really a front/back) are identical with the patchwork stripe.
 Pocket linings! It's always fun to have a little pop of the unexpected. 
 This shows the streamers as the middle two open pockets and the inside of the accordion pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Love this version! What do you like to use these for? I'm not sure what to do with all of those pockets.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.