Saturday, October 6, 2012

Asterisk beginnings

I started on an Asterisk Quilt. I'm using the Moda Stich in Color pear and turquoise color family that I picked up in Atlanta back in August - I also acquired another yard of each to make sure I have enough for setting the blocks on point thanks to The Quilting Garden.

Half the blocks are the colored ones with white stripes and the other half which I have started, but are cut, will be white with the Stich in Color patterns as the stripes. These only have 3 of the 4 white stripes, the 4th will go the other direction. I've been doing the blocks in sets - all got the first stripe, then cut in half, all got the second, etc.


The backs are also beautiful, each seam pressed open, but I didn't think to take pictures of those at the time. That will be for a future post. If I didn't press them open, the centers would get messy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.