When I predicted that I could make another quilted duffel in an afternoon, I was right. While it didn't get completed in one sitting because I had to get down to Providence for a hockey game, the total time I spent on it was under four hours. I did much simpler quilting, and I got to use one of the many stitches my machine has to offer (over 150 and I've probably used 5).
In this picture, you can see the wavy line quilting - I stretched out the length and narrowed the width some from the preset on this stitch pattern. I ran it through the points of all the chevrons, and I really like how it came out. Also pictured is the rainbow lining fabric and the red checker board which became the handles.
Here is the finished bag. The straps are a little longer on this one, and I changed the dimensions ever so slightly. It's 2 inches longer in length and an inch shorter and narrower in height and width, respectively. As well, the straps are about 5 inches longer in total, but with the reduced height, the drop is increased so that it very comfortably can be shoulder carried.
The woman who purchased this bag has already said she'll be taking it on a trip to Aruba next month.