Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mug Rug Revival Round 2

The Mug Rug Revival Round 2 kicked off this weekend with partners being assigned and information regarding likes and dislikes being sent out. My partner said that she likes gray and yellows together and that she also likes birds. I was thinking about using a bird print fabric, but the only one I have has multi colored owls on it from the baby quilt I made in February. That didn't seem right. I turned to Pinterest and Google Image search for bird quilt inspiration. I found a simple, black silhouette of a bird on a branch that just called out to be used. I placed it on a checkerboard background of low volume gray and yellow. And here we have the top of the Mug Rug. I need to choose a backing for it now. I plan to bind in black, but I'm not sure what quilting motif I want to use yet. I don't have to mail until August 30th, so I have a little time to percolate on that.


This is the first time I've ever done applique. My machine has a blanket stitch which I used all the way around the birdie and branch. I hope my partner likes this when it arrives in her mailbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.