Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mariner's Star

For the July Simply Solids Bee, Rachel asked us to paper piece (she's the creator of the Beeful of Paper that I'm also in). This block pieced together very quickly - a welcome change from the intricate paper piecing I've done of late. As much as I love the outcome, it can be tedious. She chose excellent colors, very similar to last month's block - orange, gray, and mint.

In a completely unrelated note, but one that makes me happy, I hung a poster that I've had in my possession for the last few years. It came from my grandparents' house, and now I have it in my dining room overlooking the table. At their house in New Jersey, it was hung over the kitchen table, and I have many fond memories sitting under it with my grandparents, including one summer when I lived with them while interning in New York. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.