Sunday, September 1, 2013

Some design wall time and big quilt quilting

I finally put my design wall up - I've had it for awhile sitting folded on the futon that's in my sewing (guest?) room. I put up the bee blocks I received from the Bee(ful) of paper. I'll be making one more myself. And now I'm deciding if I want to do sashing, solids, other text prints, or what. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments.

 The other thing I'm working on now is quilting the roller rink quilt. I'm doing straight line quilting along the big seams, and stippling in the centers of the blocks. I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything in the gray/white areas. Perhaps, but for right now I'm thinking I'll leave those areas unquilted. This is a queen size quilt that I'm doing on my home machine - lots of squishing around under the throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.