Sunday, June 9, 2013

Very Productive Weekend

Yesterday, I had one of those moments where I had my fabric and it was time to cut. It wasn't the initial design I had planned for this quilt which will go on my bed. I don't actually have a queen sized quilt on my bed. I've been using the one my mom made for me before my senior year of college. And while I will continue to use it in my living room, it was originally used on a double bed.

 The only place I can lay it out is in my living room - it will finish to 90" wide.

I have used quite a bit of Best Press on this project with all the cutting on the bias. That said, it's a very quick pattern to put together. It's strip pieced then cut on the diagonal. Each strip set yields 5 pieces once cut. It will end up being 93" long. I'm going to add a set of the three blues above the gray sections to make that a stripe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.