I finished the binding on the Owl baby quilt today. I used fabric that I think I bought during the summer of 2010 to be the back of something, but it just worked perfectly in terms of colors to be the binding. I still have a yard and a half left of this fabric, so who knows for what the rest will be used. I used the Red Pepper Quilts technique for machine stitching my binding down, and it's the cleanest bidning I've done to date. I will definitely continue to use Rita's method since I'm not one to hand sew my binding as some do.
I'm happy with how the quilting came out and how well the binding matches the owls.
I took a picture of the minky backing because this is where the quilting shows up better. All the diamonds are outlined by sea waves to mimic the print. It was a quick an easy free motion pattern to do. This one needs to be bound to be sent to Baby Jack.