Friday, February 22, 2013

Pyramids Assembly

Since the 1000 Pyramids Quilt is entirely random in regards to triangle placement, I decided to start piecing some of the rows together. I've made 10 rows thus far (each with 33 triangles), and now five are joined. It's steady progress. Each row of triangles takes about half an hour to put together, most of that time spent getting perfect allingment rather than the stitching itself.


I think if I were to try to make some sort of pattern with the colors I would drive myself mad with the 9 different prints that art part of this quilt. The random is working for me. There are some places where the same print match up to make diamonds, but for the most part, they end up paired with a different one. 

I did some calculations now that I've measured the rows and it'll end up being 62"x70" my previous math had a couple more rows, but that's a generous throw size - perfect for having on a couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.