Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A bag for me!

So when I made the Studio Cherie duffel bags back in February, neither ended up staying with me, and both were sold. The Little Sister bag that I made last week for my cousin as a diaper bag spawned a commission from one of her good friends (who I've known for years, as well). But before I make that one, I made one for me because I really like the pattern, and there was no time frame on the commissioned one, that said, I'll probably make it next week.

One of the big differences is on mine, I used the PUL fabric as the liner. PUL is polyurethane laminate. That means carrying a damp bathing suit is just fine since it won't leak through. Swimming is my main form of working out, and since there's a beautiful pool at work that provides towels, showers, and shampoo/conditioner in said showers, the only thing I have to carry around is my bathing suit - this is when I thank the Navy for having amazing gym facilities on base.

You can see what the liner looks like from the front pocket - the aqua/white polka dots is the lining.

As well, here are the June Bee Blocks for the Paper Pieced Bee(ful) of Paper and Simply Solids.
For the Paper Pieced bee, the queen for this month just requested that we make a star with the fabric she had sent us. Since I'd made this star for the last round of the 4x5, I was very comfortable with it, and made that for her. For the solids bee, we were asked to make 9 patches into giant HSTs in orange, aqua, and gray. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this duffel! :) You deserve it girl - and in case someone doesnt tomorrow, THANK you for your service!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.