Saturday, August 25, 2012

Adding to my stash...

I'm in Atlanta right now which is home to Intown Quilters. It is by far my favorite fabric store. They will order full lines of each pattern across all color families, and have more batiks than anywhere else I've been. This is a picture post mostly of a sampling of the lines they carry plus the fabrics I picked up today. I also got some thread and a 4.5" square, but that's not nearly as exciting.
 Look at the robots - lots of robots. Ironically, I first realized the theme of this based on the green fabric which is one of the more subtle robot bolts here. 
 Fun, bright, and cheery kid oriented line. 
 Fat quarter bundles. They had 32 fat quarters each. A bit rich for my budget ($97), but definitely lust worthy. 
 Just to give an idea of the sheer number of bolts - and this is just some of the batiks.
 108" Wide backing bolts - one of four shelf sections. I love the blue with the spirals, but I also love spirals, so not terribly surprising. 
 Dots, dots, dots, and more dots. I wish I could buy from all of these for my stash. 
 Just fun and quirky. I really like the green and purple with the black and white. I have a few fat quarters that are similar to this line. 
 My stash additions. I have them arranged by the line they came from. I'm in love with the cyan and pale olive that Moda has, and clearly I got the most from this line. The other olive green, blue, and white were my first picks of the day. The argyle was one of the last - it fit with the blues and greens I was finding on this trip. The upper, darker cuts were just fun and will be stash additions that may or may not be used together the way these other ones will certainly be since they are coordinated. 
Fat quarters to go along with the red and black large cuts of the swirly spirals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.