Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scrappy Mini Blocks

I found a fantastic block over at City House Studio. I recently acquired a lot of white, since I've never used it, and I wanted to experiment with using negative space. These blocks are still whimsical and follow my modern style (and bright color choices) utlizing white to make the little squares really pop. 


I decided to play with some scraps from the Irish Road (mainly because they were already in 1.5" strips and I only had to cut them one more time to make tiny sqaures). But I just went for it and didn't really think about finished size when I arbitrarily chose to make the center 5 little squares - lesson learned, that's a little small - it is now a 4" block which will finish to 3.5" once joined with anything else.

 I'm thinking I might turn a set of the little blocks with scraps from many projects into the edging for pillow cases and then make full sized blocks like the ones from City House Studio for an actual quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog - through A Fabric Fixation. These are just beautiful! And thanks for the props. LM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't know Allison was going to give me the shout out - sisters can surprise. Glad you like it, and keep reading!

      Delete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.