Sunday, August 26, 2012

Upcoming projects

A little background, my mother is the one who taught me to quilt. She has been plugged into the fiber arts blogs for far longer than I have. Since she doesn't have school or homework concerns (nor does she coach a high school sport 10 weeks each spring and each fall) she's got a lot more free time on her hands.

She sent me the link to Six White Horses for the Lone Starburst pattern since she knows I like the precision of paper piecing (and have more scraps than I know what to do with). While I will make that star, I truly fell in love with the Sharp Chevron pattern which is pictured here. This block was made by Anna, the Six White Horses author and is from her post about the pattern:


My mother was visiting Boston last week, and we took a trip up to Portsmouth, NH where the Portsmouth Fabric Company has many, many wonderful bolts. My main goal on that trip was getting batting and backing fabric for five quilt tops that need to be sandwiched and quilted. I succeeded at that which will be a different post, but here are the fabrics I got for the chevrons/stars:


The darkest of comes from my stash, but the silver grey - which reads very silvery - and the lighter blue with white dots are from the Portsmouth Fabric Co. I also picked up two yards of white while there since I want to start playing with white to constrast the bright patterns that I typically use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.