Saturday, September 1, 2012

Busting through the scrap pile

I made a couple of full sized scrappy square blocks, and I'm having a lot of fun with them. I can also see myself making a top at some point using an actual color family making it coordinated and having all the sashing match. For these blocks, the centers are 8 little blocks long which turns them into 5.5" blocks. Then a 1/4" white, 1/4" color, and the white triangle. I'm pleased with how well the thin strips are turning out without paper piecing. This is a project that will grow over time - I expect I'll end up making a few blocks each week-ish, depending on what else I've got going on, or if I just want to sit down and sew for half an hour.


I've also now gotten an ironing pad which is set up next to my sewing machine which means I'm pressing all my seams open rather than finger pressing them to one side. Still have a few that are flipping back on the underside, but it's much smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.