Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The quilting has begun on Asterisk

Last night I pieced all the rows together to finish the top and this morning I spray basted it to a minky dimple dot backing.

Now is the big reveal of which layout I chose, it wasn't either of the ones shown initially, but it is an organized one; I couldn't get any random ones to look right.

The quilting itself is an all over stipple, and I'm using a turquoise to white variegated thread from Aurifil.




Update (8 hours later): The entire top is quilted. There's one small pucker on the back, but since it's Minky it's not very noticeable. I'm quite pleased. Spray basting is definitely my new, favorite quilting tool. If Only I'd learned of it sooner. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Photos of the finished quilt pliz! Seems very fun, and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.