This is a picture of the plan for the girl's quilt. It's a lot of HSTs and full square. The shaded areas will be the pink circles, and the vertical stripes will be narrower than what appears, but it was easier on the graph paper to make them a full square wide. Inspiration for this came from another blogger and seeing her quilt via FreshlyPieced's WIP Wednesday Link-Up.
This morning I made what might end up being my bee block for September, but I can also see myself making this whole top before I head to Rhode Island in March for Navy Training. It's simple, but with adding a different color star in each big block, I think it'll be nice looking top with visual interest. I'll be making a similar block for someone else this month, so I may update my request when it's my month.
And lastly, I got more comic book boards today, and have finished making mini bolts of my stash - this does not include any of the fat quarters that I have which are on the bottom shelf and out of view. I have 154 mini bolts on my shelves right now. I definitely lack purples, but other than that, I'm pretty well stocked for colors. I could definitely have more solids, and that might happen once I move and have my fully dedicated quilting room.