Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I've been Working On

I decided that I wanted to make a duffle bag. I'd seen a bunch of these on Flickr, especially right around Quilt Market time when everyone in the blog world was traveling and using the travel handmade hashtag.

The day after Christmas, I finally bought the Studio Cherie pattern from her Etsy shop for the boutique duffle. I've been working on it a little each day, since I decided to quilt both sides of half the Chevrons on my fabric with zig-zag for extra strength, it took awhile. As of today, I have everything except the end pocket completed and ready for assembly.

The only picture I've taken in-process thus far is of quilting the end panel piece which is now cut in half to actually become the ends.

The duffle will finish to 20"x12"x12".  A decent size weekend or gym bag. The lining and what is on the Jute Straps is bright blue and you'll all see it once I finish the bag since I expect that to happen late today or tomorrow, and there will certainly be a post about the finished bag.

3 comments:

  1. Loving that side panel! I am very excited to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric! It will be a stunning bag when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outside it just the Chevron for the body while the straps are bright blue/white dots over Jute so there's some color play. And the lining is also the blue/white dots.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.