Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I've been Working On

I decided that I wanted to make a duffle bag. I'd seen a bunch of these on Flickr, especially right around Quilt Market time when everyone in the blog world was traveling and using the travel handmade hashtag.

The day after Christmas, I finally bought the Studio Cherie pattern from her Etsy shop for the boutique duffle. I've been working on it a little each day, since I decided to quilt both sides of half the Chevrons on my fabric with zig-zag for extra strength, it took awhile. As of today, I have everything except the end pocket completed and ready for assembly.

The only picture I've taken in-process thus far is of quilting the end panel piece which is now cut in half to actually become the ends.

The duffle will finish to 20"x12"x12".  A decent size weekend or gym bag. The lining and what is on the Jute Straps is bright blue and you'll all see it once I finish the bag since I expect that to happen late today or tomorrow, and there will certainly be a post about the finished bag.

4 comments:

  1. Loving that side panel! I am very excited to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric! It will be a stunning bag when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be great fabric for your bag! Will you be making it out of that only or adding other fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outside it just the Chevron for the body while the straps are bright blue/white dots over Jute so there's some color play. And the lining is also the blue/white dots.

      Delete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.