Monday, January 28, 2013

Finished all the pebbles

There is no question that the pebbling on the Madrona Road quilt was by far the most dense quilting I've ever done. 11 strips, each 2 inches wide and 54 inches long. I can't imagine pebbling a whole top for anything this big - 54"x71". The minky back also looks interesting with the stripes of the quilting.

This means I'll take the free motion foot off my machine and switching back to piecing. It's a pain to go back and forth since it requires using a screw driver, and since I knew I'd finish this soon enough, I didn't want to go back and forth repeatedly. So now all that's left for this is binding and burying the threads.


1 comment:

  1. It is gorgeous! I love pebbles! They give so much texture, but are so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.