Monday, January 21, 2013

Pebbles, pebbles, pebbles.

After the Boston MQG meeting on Saturday, I was inspired to get to quilting on the Madrona Road quilt. I had been thinking about pebbles in the white strips before the meeting, and the free motion practice time solidified that decision.

The thread is a very, very pale grey which gives the texture whithout drawing attention to the stitching itself. I haven't decided if I'm going to do any quilting over the tumblers, right now I'm thinking that I won't. The top is way more than secure with the quilting in the white areas. Each full 54" strip takes about 20-25 minutes to quilt. I do half at a time, starting in the center and working my way out. It's using less bobbin than I was expecting - I can do 2.5 strips with one. I wound 7 in preparation so that I wouldn't have to wind any while in the middle of the project.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I'm a huge fan of yellow/black/gray together in general, so that might be why, but I love those patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous quilt and love those pebbles- they are one of my very favorite quilting designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work - It is a challenge! I struggled with the quilting of my Madrona too - how much is enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pebble quilting! Is it a New Wave quilt? It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your pebble quilting. this is one that i really want to try out now that i "have" to try FMQ!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.