Monday, September 3, 2012

First time for everything

This is my first quilt where I'm not defaulting to Stitch in the Ditch for all the quilting. I'm outlining the accent squares, and I think I'm going to do a second ring of stiches inside the first.  The backing fabric is very busy and the quilting doesn't particularly show up there, but that's not such a big deal. So far, I like how it's coming on the front. I've done about half of the first round of rings so far. I'll finish the rest tomorrow then make the decision about doing the second set or doing another form to go through the middles of the blocks.


I'm waiting until I have the space (and really the money) to get a quilting frame to do the big all over patterns at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.