Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What, when you go on a trip, you don't go to the local fabric store?

I went to Cornell this past weekend for homecoming (did the tailgate part then went on a wine tour, didn't actually go to the football game because it's Ivy League football, but hey Cornell beat Yale 45-6, so yay!). While I was there, I stopped in at Quilter's Corner which is a HUGE quilt shop that is similar to Intown Quilter's in Atlanta for the amount and variety of fabric they carry. I didn't go nuts though, but I did pick up what will make a fantastic border/binding:

Then I saw this and thought it could be a bag/wallet or something in that vein. The blues are a little darker and more vibrant than the picture shows, but I like that this picture was able to catch the sparkle of the gold in the print. 
 And then this was waiting in my mailbox when I got home. I already know what I'm going to do with it, but I have other projects that need to get finished before I can start on it. Have I mentioned that polka dots are awesome? Because they are. 


5 comments:

  1. Ah, souvenir fabric :) I'm currently knitting on some yarn I bought in St. Paul when I was there for the Frozen Four

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics. I love the first one. It is so you. LM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm counting on visiting every fabric shop when I fly over for Sewing Summit and go on a road trip with my friend afterwards! I planned the photo stops, she found every fabric shop en route lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. I used to go to this fabric store when I was in undergrad. I wish I'd had my camera with me while I was there (it was still in my back pack) so that I could've taken pictures of the store.

      Delete

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.