Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ambition!

When I first moved to Boston several years ago, my family played musical sewing machines. My mother had gotten a new one and my sister liked the one my mother had been using previously. So my mother's machine went from DC to Philly. When my sister came down to DC to retrieve that machine, she brought the one she had been using, and that one came with me to Boston. It was a little Pfaff Hobby 1016. It's simple, it does straight and zig zag stiches, and that's about it. 

As I've gotten more into quilting, I've decided that I want to be able to do more. So after lots of research about different machines, and the different features, I settled on a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 - one of the really nice features of the high end Pfaff's is the IDT, as they call it, or built in walking foot as I call it. It also has an alphabet so I can embroider letters, 136 different stiches, and light! There are 3 LEDs lighting up the sewing area. The rest of the particulars can be found here: Pfaff Comparison Sheet

And now, you can see a small bit of where I sew. I have a tiny apartment - 284sq ft for a kitchen, bathroom, and bed/living room. Over the summer I lofted my queen bed to have a lot more space. And it has made all the difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.