Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kona Solids - Woodlands Inspired Bundle

Just like I'm now utilizing white to accent patterned fabric, I'm jumping into solids. I've always been a batik or small, repetitive pattern person. Enter Kona Solids by Robert Kaufman. I've discovered that there are many, many fabric boutiques on Etsy. I found the bundle pictured below on Sew Fresh Fabrics

Think very thin little stripes as concentric squares. And this is what you get (but now with a brown ring added, too - I had been back and forth on if I wanted the brown, and I decided that I did, but after I took the picture): 
It took one full Gilmore Girls episode to make this block (42 minutes). There won't be any more until I finish the red and white disappearing four patch. That gets top action, and this will be stewing. Not sure what kind of layout I'll do - it will certainly be paired with solid blocks, but I'm not sure if it'll be Kona White or mixing in more from these colors or both white and color squares; only time will tell.  

This weekend, there won't be much (read no sewing) happening in these parts. I'm heading back to my Alma Mater for Homecoming - Let's Go Red! I'm leaving Boston Thursday evening and won't be back until Sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.