Sunday, September 9, 2012

No pattern, half hour wallet project

I have never particularly liked any of the wallets I've had over the years. Not enough card pockets or not the right kind of card pockets, etc. Today I decided that I would make a wallet. I've had the fabric that I used for this for quite awhile. I'd been saving it for the perfect project, but I'm not sure what that is, and this seemed as good a time as any to pull 8"x13" from each full yard cut. 

That said, I like this, but it's still not quite right. I need to made it with a second level of card pockets and a little longer than the 13" rectangle to accomodate that - the original sizing came from the Crazy Mom Quilts Checkbook Tutorial

Because these were just quilting cottons, I added fusible fleece to the back of the lining fabric to give it a little more strength. And now, the pictures. I didn't take any while I was making it - in total it only took about half an hour. 
 Folded and closed. I ironed the fold, but for future ones, I think a magnetic snap will be in order. 
 Open, you can see the three card slots I made and the other side for cash. 
This one lets you see that the lining is the inverse of the outside - white with red polka dots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is fantastic! Give me your thoughts, and I make every attempt to respond to all of them.